Monday, February 16, 2009

How to remove "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator" Error


It is a big hell when one encounters "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator"

Infact I was also one of the you who encountered this same problem.

So here is the solution for the problem.

Method 1:

1.Go to Run(CTRL + R) and type " gpedit.msc " as shown in the figure.




2. Now you have to go to this path


http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7633/registryeditinghasbeendui2.jpg

Now 

Double-click Prevent access to registry editing tools and Set it as Not Configured.

Important: If it's already set to Not Configured, set it to Enabled and click Apply. Then repeat the steps and revert the setting back to Not Configured. This removes the registry based policy if set already.


Method 2:

This is a very simple trick.

1.Go to Run(CTRL + R) and type 

"REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f".

This will eventually enables the Registry editor.Try this.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

THANKS ALOT!!
I usually don't post comments anywhere...but for this..I had to!!

Thanks again!!
Cheers!!

Techkran said...

Thank you

Unknown said...

Thank you!!

Joe said...

Dude. you ROCK!

Dipendra said...

Its really a good tips, Thanks

Method 1 worked for me.didn't try method 2

Unknown said...

Thanks worked a treat method 2

Techkran said...

@OutaTowner,@Joe,@Dipen,@Faiz

Thank you.Please feel free in email subscribing for latest posts from TechKran blog

Chethan Thimmappa said...

i love you

armeen said...

Thx a Lot

Anonymous said...

but what if the administrator has revoked the permission @ sever level. the grouppolicy application opens but not entires is shown. all crossed-marked with red. is there any other way to enable regedit..? your both methods dont work. pleas help. ty

santhosh said...

thanks a lot , the second one worked !!!

bunty said...

these are not working 4 me

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot man it really helped me:)

Unknown said...

great!!!!

Unknown said...

It didnt work for me :(

Unknown said...

option 2 worked for me, and not option 1. all i needed was for one to work though.

Thanks a lot!

free as the wind said...

are there another solution?
http://blogtrik2.blogspot.com

disturbed said...

thanx you solved my prob

n@veen said...

both method not work for me..somebody help me.i ..!!!!!!!
actually , i am using window 7 ultimate and when i enter gpedit.msc , then it give me error...like access denied..!!!
pls.anybody who.knows this solution help me out....reply on my id ...naveenluck@hotmail.com.

Unknown said...

Do you get a confirmation when it deletes it?

Post a Comment